Sunday, March 21, 2010

Grape Crush

I'm loving purple right now, from the palest lavender to the deepest pansy.




{via Asprey}

A few months ago I found a 1/2 dozen mid century chrome chairs at auction.  I knew I needed to find some fabulous coverings that would wear like iron because these chairs are incredibly comfortable and will certainly get a great deal of use, wherever they land.  For the first pair, I was originally thinking fun / neutral -- maybe a warm caramel leather, rough side out.  But when I walked into the back room of the shop to view the hides, I immediately fell in love with this Clarence House mohair velvet, in a color I can only describe as Concord Grape. It is the most amazing fabric in the most amazing shade.

I picked up the chairs yesterday and brought them over to Post & Gray Charlotte {back, on table}, along with the vintage Louis XV-style chair in a cozy charcoal wool felt {front} and the pair of curly maple Queen Anne benches with Belgian linen cushions. I love they way they all turned out, but those Concord Grape Brno's are so soft and sleek, I'll really hate to see them go.

UPDATE: I've had a few inquiries this morning for additional information. The grape mid century pair is  $1,500 & the gray Louis XV armchair is $850. Please e-mail me at estate.charlotte at gmail dot com if interested. 

2 comments :

  1. I love purple too. The rich plummy color of the flowers in the first photo and the deep rich color of the wall in the second knocked me out! The fabric is gorgeous and so inviting. I hope to make a trip to see your shop some day. I see lots of mid cent items calling out to me :)

    ReplyDelete