Saturday, March 27, 2010

Estate Sale

Very early this morning I drove out to a grand 1930's Colonial Revival just south of Charlotte for the final day of an estate sale. I prefer sales on the second day; fewer people, less craziness, and more time to view the beauty of the home. This one was incredible, with wonderful vintage wallpapers, 5 huge fireplaces, and fabulous gardens. Here are a few of the pieces I found...

early American chair, great patina with glimpses of original paint

vintage French market basket #1

#2

1950's heavy iron garden table w/fabulous quatrefoil detail

set of tiny blue cloth volumes by John Ruskin, published London 1906

letter dated Charlestown, October 1701 from Mr. Curtis to his wife

1/2 dozen blue & white Quimper plates, Delftware reproductions commissioned by Old Salem's MESDA (Museum of Early Southern Decorative Arts)

large brass gallery tray, homeowner's reward for winning the fifth flight @ Charlotte Country Club

iron garden bar cart

Thanks Eva, great sale!

7 comments :

  1. babe, incredible. and those were 2nd day finds? jealous.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful finds, you lucky girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love each and every find. I agree with A Perfect Gray... 2nd day finds? Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so jealous!! You have a great eye for this!! You will be enjoying those lovely finds for a long time to come:)
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are a girl after my own heart!!! I too am a second day or late afternoon 1st day person. First- I hate being trampled & shoved. Second- I will find something I love & can't afford. Third- I feel like what I find that has been overlooked is the true treasure of the day! Sometimes my favorites would have been buried beyond discovery at the beginning of the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word, I am totally impressed with your 2nd day finds!
    That letter is truly so special. Those french baskets are glorious. You must have been inspired by Cote de Texas, she had posted on them a few months ago.
    Thanks for your recent comment and wise words in regard to the kitchen flooring - keeping it dark and the grout too -
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  7. You scored all of these? I am so jealous. Some beautiful finds indeed!

    ReplyDelete