Sunday, July 25, 2010

No Pictures

To be totally honest, I hate malls.  But I was at SouthPark for a Genius Bar appointment to cure my addled MacBook and found myself just around the corner from the new Tory Burch shop. So I popped in and, without any pretense whatsoever, took a slew of snaps to include in this very post. No salesperson urging me to stop, completely lacking in 'no pictures, please' signs.

On my way out, I stopped to tell a blonde employee just how beautiful I thought the shop was and that I intended to tweet & post all about it. Without missing a beat, and in a completely condescending tone, she informed me that I was more than welcome to post, but could not include any of my pictures.

What?



I celebrate your style, Tory, but you just lost a customer.

7 comments :

  1. I was there yesterday too and know exactly who you are talking about; beautiful store, but really, really sad to hear that they were condescending... I definitely love that you posted the pics! (after so many stores moving in and out of that spot in the mall, you would think that they would be more apt to be customer friendly?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you posted the photos anyway!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Store looks beautiful, so happy you broke store policy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMEN! I find it incredibly refreshing to meet the occasional salesperson/manager who is kind, helpful and respectful, particularly when one does not fit their 'preferred client profile'. It's not unique to the mall; I've found the same ill-mannered treatment in Dilworth, the Shops at Morrison, Phillips Place and the Ballantyne area shops. Note to retailers: You need ALL of our business!

    ReplyDelete
  5. bahaha! Love that you shared all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what's she gonna do send you to blogging jail? hey that sounds like fun actually! can you imagine how great the food would be?

    ReplyDelete