Sunday, December 28, 2008

Great Old Stuff

A Woodstock, Vermont estate is going on the block tomorrow and the preview party is at Wm. A. Smith Auction House today. With so much antique eye candy, where do I look first?


This is one of the first lots that caught my eye -- can I live without these gilt wood sea serpents?

The cranberry scoop appeals to my love of all things coastal. 


Antique Chippendale is good for the soul, and this Maple piece from the late 1700's is no exception.


I'm a big fan of old signs with good wear in easy-to-love colors.  


This stepped back spice box with old green paint has wonderful patina.


Although singles abound, great sets of old brass candlesticks are hard to find, and I love this beehive shape.  These would be fabulous with bayberry candles from Brian Howell (of The Bee Man Candle Co. in Charlotte, North Carolina) and big wavy glass hurricanes.  

I love the warmth of this tiger maple...


and the whimsy of this Federal mirror with its reverse-painted winter scene.

First lot @ 9:00.  I've got a seat reserved on the aisle.  Wish me luck!

No comments :

Post a Comment